Not sure yet about having an account on Gigxels?
Subscribe and we will send you weekly our 10 best pictures!
The protection of your privacy when processing personal data is important to us. We only collect, process and use your personal data in compliance with the following principles and in observance of the applicable data protection legislation.
1. Identity and contact details of the controller
Feudal Media SRL
Str.Veteranilor nr.1A, Darabani, Jud. Botosani, Romania
(hereinafter “Gigxels” or “We”)
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the type and purpose of their use
a) When you visit the website
When you visit our website gigxels.com, information is automatically sent by the browser used on your end device to our website servers hosted by Cloudflare Inc (101 Townsend St., San Francisco, CA 94107). This information is stored temporarily in what is called a log file. The following information is collected during this process without any action on your part and stored until it automatically deleted in accordance with applicable data protection regulations:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the requested file,
- Website from which access is obtained (Referrer URL),
- Browser used and, where applicable, the your computer’s operating system and the identity of your access provider.
The specified data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring that the website can establish a connection smoothly,
- ensuring that our website is easy to use,
- analysis of system security and stability, as well as
- for additional administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest is based on the data collection purposes listed above. We do not on any account use the data collected for the purpose of identifying you. The provision of this data is not required by law or contract or to enter into a contract. You are not obliged to provide the personal data. It is not, however, possible to access the website if the data are not provided.
b) When you subscribe to our newsletter
If you have provided your express consent in accordance with point Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR, we use your name and e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. Stating an e-mail address is sufficient for receiving the newsletter.
You can unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the end of each newsletter.
c) When you use our contact form
We offer you the possibility to contact us via a contact form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required for this so that we know who the inquiry is coming from and can respond to it. Additional information can be provided on a voluntary basis.
Data is processed for the purpose of contacting us in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR on the basis of the consent you provide on a voluntary basis. The personal data collected by us when you contact us are deleted in accordance with statutory requirements once your inquiry has been dealt with.
d) User account
You also have the option of creating a user account (“Gigxels Profile”) on our website so that you can use the additional functions of the website, in particular for uploading photos and other content and publishing these on our website.
You have to specify and e-mail address and set a password for this. You can also voluntarily specify your first and last name.
If you have specified your first and last name, these are publicly visible on your Gigxels Profile. Once you have completed your registration, you can also optionally specify a link to a website, a Twitter name, Instagram name and/or PayPal e-mail address which will be shown publicly on your Gigxels Profile.
The photos and other content uploaded by you may not contain any personal data of third parties without their express consent. If you obtain consent from third parties for this purpose, you are obliged to inform these persons about the scope of data processing by Gigxels and to provide them with all required data subject information.
If you have given us appropriate consent, our social media accounts may share the photos and other content you have uploaded to Gigxels on social media platforms (in particular Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest). If we do so, we specify the name or social media user name associated with your Gigxels Profile with every publication.
Data is processed in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR on the basis of the consent voluntarily provided by you in order to increase the awareness and reach of our online platform and to interact with users.
3. Disclosure of data
With the exception of the service providers who act on our behalf to provide our website (e.g. see 2.a. above), we do not generally disclosure your personal data to third parties. Exceptions only apply in the following cases if:
- You have given your express consent to this in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR,
- disclosure in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR is necessary for the purposes of pursuing our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of third party and there is no reason to assume that you have any overriding interest in your data not being disclosed which is worthy of protection,
- disclosure in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR as required by law, and
- this is permitted by law and required by Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR for the performance of contractual relationships with you.
4. Cookies and Web Storage
When you visit our websites, we store information on your computer in the form of cookies and by way of web storage (so-called super cookies). Cookies and super cookies are small files sent from an internet server to your browser and stored on your hard disk. Information is stored in the cookie or super cookie which is generated in each case in connection with the end device specifically used. This does not, however, mean that we as a result receive any direct knowledge of your identity.
Cookies and super cookies on the one hand serve to make our offer easier for you to use. We use session cookies for example to detect that you have already visited individual pages of our website. These are automatically deleted when you leave our website. We also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness which are stored on your end device for a specifically determined period of time. If you visit our website again in order to use our services, it is automatically detected that you have already visited us and which entries you have made and settings you have chosen so that you do not have to enter these again.
The data processed via cookies and super cookies are required for the specified purposes in order to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
For more information about Cookies please see this link: https://gigxels.com/cookie-policy
5. Analysis tools
The tracking measures listed below which are used by us are carried out on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. By using these tracking measures we want to ensure that our website is designed in line with your user preferences, can be optimized continuously and that we can provide you with personalized recommendations based on the photos you have downloaded. We also use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be considered legitimate within the meaning of the regulation specified above. The provision of these data is not required by law or contract or to enter into a contract. You are not obliged to provide these personal data.
The individual data processing purposes and data categories are specified under the relevant tracking tools.
Use of Google Analytics with anonymization function
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (www.google.de/intl/de/about) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”) for the purpose of designing our websites in line with your user preferences and continuously optimizing these. Pseudonymized usage profiles are created and cookies are used in this context. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website such as
- type/version of browser,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (last website visited),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to analyze the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide additional services associated with website and internet use for market research and design of these websites in line with user preferences. This information may also be disclosed to third parties if this is required by law or if these third parties process these data for us. Your IP address will on no account be combined with other Google data. IP addresses are anonymized so that they cannot be linked to any specific person (IP masking).
You can also prevent the installation of these cookies by configuring your browser software settings accordingly; we would, however, advise you that in this case you may not be able to use all website functions fully. You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie and data relating to your use of the website being collected (including your IP address) and the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on.
Instead of using a browser add-on, in particular for browsers on mobile end devices, you can also prevent data being collected by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is set that prevents your data being collected in future when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and for our websites and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to place the opt-out cookie again.
Addition information on privacy in connection with Google Analytics can for example be found here: Google Analytics Help
During your website visit you use the widespread SSL process (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with a modern encryption level. This is normally 128-bit encryption. Whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form can be seen with the closed key or lock icon in your browser’s status bar.
We have also taken technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against loss, destruction, manipulation and unauthorized access. All our employees and any service providers who work for us are obliged to comply with all applicable data protection legislation. Are security measures are subject to a continuous improvement process and our privacy policies are constantly revised. Please ensure that you have the most up-to-date version.
7. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- in accordance with Article 15 GDPR to obtain information about the personal data processed by us;
- in accordance with Article 16 GDPR DSGVO to obtain without undue delay the rectification or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Article 17 GDPR to obtain the erasure of the personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression or information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment exercise or defense of legal claims. If we have made your personal data public, we are obliged, taking account of available technology and the technical possibilities, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that the you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data;
- in accordance with Article 18 GDPR to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the personal data, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose their erasure and we no longer require the data, but you require these for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to their processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Article 20 GDPR to receive your personal data in a structure, commonly used and machine-readable format or have such transmitted to another controller;
- in accordance with Article 7 (3) GDPR to withdraw your consent given to us at any time. This means that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in future, and
- in accordance with Article 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. You can usually contact the supervisory authority at your normal place of residence or your workplace or where we are headquartered for this.
- to access the data we process about you, obtain rectification of inaccurate data, request deletion of your data, restrict our processing of your data, request portability of your data, and/or object to unreasonable processing. If we process your data on the basis of your consent, you have the option to withdraw your consent at any time. Doing so will not affect the lawfulness of the processing we carried out based on your consent up to the time of withdrawal.
- to exercise any of these rights by contacting us at [email protected] or using the contact section on our websites (www.gigxels.com/contact). You can also ask us to delete or remove your personal information in certain circumstances. There are certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where personal information is required for compliance with law or in connection with legal claims. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Service or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Last modified: February 23, 2022